Basketball Pep Rally Hypes Teams for Big Game

Back to Article
Back to Article

Voltage, the Titan mascot, amps up the excitement by dancing at Friday's pep rally.

Bethany Woodall and Alexis Collins

A JHS pep rally, held on January 24th, featured performances by the choir, JROTC, band, cheerleaders and mascot as well as games and a Spirit Stick competition, won by the Senior class.

The pep rally was held to generate school spirit and show support for Titan varsity basketball teams in anticipation of that evening’s home games against conference rival Sylvan Hills.

“I’ve never been so proud of the school spirit shown by the JHS scholars,” said Student Council Adviser, Mrs. Henderson, who helped organize the event.

The agenda included a good-natured skit in which Titan Mascot Voltage chased down and “beat up” a Bear from Sylvan Hills, sending him off in a wheelchair to lick his wounds. Voltage celebrated his victory by dancing for the student body.

“It was fun. I loved the attention,” said Logan Wimer (11), who played the role of the Sylvan Hills Bear.

Other highlights of the rally included a hula hoop challenge between the classes, which the Sophomore Class won. The Senior Class didn’t let the loss get them down though, coming back to win the Spirit Stick competition for the third year in a row. The Titan JROTC presented the colors while the acapella group, A Natural State of Mind, sang the National Anthem to kick off the pep rally.

“This pep rally was better than all the assemblies we had last year,” claimed Senior Jaliah Pace, “because the students actually got to do stuff.