Titans Cut Net with Conference Championship OT Thriller Against Maumelle

Jalen Taylor, Staff Writer

The Titan Varsity boys won the 5A Conference with a big win over Maumelle on February 25, 2020. The game was full of intensity and couldn’t have been better or ended in a better way.

The beginning of the game was very fast. Both teams came out and gave their all in the first quarter of play which ended with Maumelle ahead of the Titans. Dunks were coming from everywhere between Braxton Brown (11) and Davonte Davis (12) throughout the entire game.

The second quarter was a highlight show at its finest. Braxton Brown drove baseline and rose up and did his hardest to break the goal while posterizing a defender. The sound of the dunk and the dunk itself had nearly the entire gym standing and hyped. “The game was crazy, but the dunk by Braxton hyped everybody,” said Senior Jalen Taylor. “It was the best dunk I have ever seen.”

Coach Patel agreed, calling it the “most incredible dunk I’ve ever witnessed in high school!” The video has since gone viral with over 40K views!

The momentum was very much on the Titans side nearly the whole game but Maumelle won the rebounds, which play a huge part.

The 3rd quarter was a little slow, but the Titans came out on top by starting with 2 dunks by Davonte Davis.

The 4th quarter had everyone not knowing what would happen next. The titans hit two crucial free throws to tie the game 53-53. Maumelle had the last shot but missed at the buzzer.

Overtime began with the Titans having the ball and putting the game away play by play. Maumelle had the chance to tie the game with the last second shot but missed at the buzzer. The Titans cut the nets and celebrated their big win.

The Titans remained unbeaten with 13-0 record in conference play after that game but went on to lose their last game against Little Rock Hall on Thursday, February 27, 2020.